Ceramics 2 : Wall Hanging Collage
1. …use form and surface together to create a ceramic work of art. (S,R,P)
2. …work independently to plan and create ceramics artworks. (K,S,R,P)
We will take a bit of class time today to look at COLLAGE and talk about the specifics that are needed to complete this project. Once I show you guys the PowerPoint presentation, take a look at the at the bottom ideas when coming up with an idea when thinking about your concept:
- what are you passionate about?
- what things in your life do you have intense emotions for?
- are there things that you just cannot wait to have happen in your life?
- or, something that you are just so excited about it is always on your mind.
Painting 2: Advanced Watercolor Techniques
You guys are in the same boat as my other classes…we will continue to work on these new techniques until you feel comfortable.
1. …mix and match brush strokes to create complex paintings from a set of fundamental techniques. (S,P)
2. …create areas of reserve on my painting. (S)
We are going to continue working with the TRIPTYCH setup for this double watercolor painting. Some keys to remember when you are working with this painting are:
- What techniques from last week are you using paint each scene
- When using the salt, think about the areas you’re using it in and what types of salt your using to get certain effects
- You need to use 3 painting techniques from last week on each individual painting (3 paintings per triptych= 9 techniques x 2 triptychs=18 total techniques) if salt is one of them, you’ll need to show 2 more per painting and identify them on the back.