#DECONSTRUCTEDCUBE #LINEDSHAPES #ACTIONPLANS #SATURDAYMORNINGHEROES
Ceramics: The De-Constructed Cube
Create & Produce
- Students will apply their understanding of their ACTION PLAN, by building a 3-D model based off of their designed sketch.
I’d like you to think about how you will best approach today’s class. What types of work can you get done and what is your GOAL moving forward with this period. How will this time affect your tomorrow’s class period?
Review with neighbors the relationships of the SHAPES to FORMS. When you look at your cube close…what types of FORMS can you see being created by removing / adding clay?
We are wrapping this project up in the next day or so, in reviewing the REQUIREMENTS for the painting, I’d like to know from you…What are you planning on doing TODAY to set yourself up for a success tomorrow?
What are you planning on doing TODAY to set yourself up for success tomorrow?
Intro to Art: Lined Shapes Composition
- Create a unique composition using LINED SHAPES, by applying your understanding from previously practiced techniques.
As we wrap this up today, I would like you guys to take some time and reflect on your individual goals that you’ve created for yourself in regards to “FINISHING” this project. Before you hand it in, make sure to review the REQUIREMENTS for this work. Have you set yourself up for success or failure.
What are the challenges you have been having with this process? What colors have you begun using and how easy / hard has this been for you?
“Never feel shame for trying and failing, for he who never failed is he who never tried.” – Og Mandino
What do you feel about this quote, and why do you feel it is EASY for individuals to welcome FAILING?
Painting: Saturday Morning Heroes
CREATING & CONNECT
- Recall information from a prior class and demonstrate your understanding by creating an original acrylic painting.
- Apply your understanding of their ACTION PLAN, by painting an original idea based off their designed notes/sketch.
We are wrapping this painting up in the next day or so, in reviewing the REQUIREMENTS for the painting, I’d like to know from you…What are you planning on doing TODAY to set yourself up for a success tomorrow?
REMEMBER, there are many different items that you will be responsible for in starting / completing this painting. Our theme is a bit unique, so make sure as you look for images to use as reference you are keeping in mind the steps we took on our classroom exercise.
Drawing: Grid Enlargement Day 4
- Practice the approach of GRID ENLARGEMENT drawing by practicing an in class demonstration.
- Identify specific steps used to enlarge an image, by creating a practiced sketch of a photograph
With completing this exercise today, what types of situations have you noticed when working in this style. What is it that you focus most of your negative opinions on? Are there characteristics to this style of drawing that actually could be looked at as a benefit to the artist? Why is it that I had you shade the HAIR but not the FACIAL FEATURES?