Ceramics 2: Intergalactic Champions
- DESCRIBE your understanding of PROJECT REQUIREMENTS by creating and finishing an ACTION PLAN
- Orally defend and explain your choices by responding to PROJECT REQUIREMENTS.
Take a look at our calendar for the upcoming week again. You’ll notice that tomorrow is a “Demo Day,” meaning, I will demonstrating a few techniques that I think should be used when considering your FINISH requirement(s).
Intro to Art: Contrasting Compositions
- APPLY your understanding of the COMPOSITIONAL LAYOUT and CONTRAST to create a series paintings which fulfills the challenges 4 requirements.
- Be able to orally explain your choices by responding to PROJECT REQUIREMENTS.
We are in the thick of it. You will using this class time to work on both compositions, while I come around and see how you’re doing. Keep in mind what our goals are, and your level of understanding when it comes to backing up your choices.
Painting 2: Typographical Triptych Challenge
- DEMONSTRATE your understanding of COMPOSITION skills by creating a series of thumbnails that will be used in your final composition
- Be able to orally defend and explain your opinions by responding to PROJECT REQUIREMENTS.
A lot of really good information came out yesterday. As you work through “researching” your font and coming up with your 9 thumbnails today and tomorrow, I’d like you to consider a few things that may help you understand whether or not your achieving a successful TRIPTYCH composition.
- Is my FONT/CHARACTER interesting?
- Have I used COMPOSITION to crop out space and make a more visually appealing image?
- How can I CREATIVELY use what I know about cropping to create a series of thumbnails?
Adv. Drawing: 3-5-7 Min Bean with Appendages Drawings
APPLY your ability to locate appendages on the body through a series of quick sketches from a model or pose by emphasizing GEOMETRIC FORMS. in 3-5-and 7 Minute Gesture drawings.
IDENTIFY characteristics of a gesture drawing by locating and describing where they are in their drawings.