Ceramics 2: What Superpower Would You Choose?
- DESCRIBE your understanding of PROJECT REQUIREMENTS by participating in an artist(s) demonstration.
- LISTEN and reflect on the demonstrated techniques used to create an original piece by observing a professional artist(s).
Intro to Art: Working with a Multi-Layered Stencil
- APPLY your understanding of a POSITIVE and NEGATIVE space by removing areas in a stencil
- Students will be able to list the areas of a STENCIL along with their importance by writing through guided notes.
We are going to spend the next few days getting familiar with multi-layer stencils. We will create a series together, and apply paint to come up with a specific compositions, but more importantly, lay the ground work for creating a multi-layer stencil on your own.
Painting 2: How to Create a Mat
- DEMONSTRATE your understanding of a the mat measuring process by observing a teacher demonstration.
- IDENTIFY characteristics of mat making for a painting by labeling the correct terms within guided notes.
We are going to step through the process of measuring and cutting a mat for a painting. While these steps may vary on paintings of different sizes, what is important to understand is the concept for this process.
Adv. Drawing: Shading
- DEMONSTRATE your comprehension of shading or value terms by taking guided notes and observing an artist demonstration.
- IDENTIFY characteristics of SHADING on a drawing by labeling the correct terms within guided notes
take a look at this video before you get started with your shading of any drawing…