Ceramics 2: Super Selfies Challenge
- CREATE a plan for which you will follow specific steps in building a work of art, by completing an ACTION PLAN.
- be able to orally defend and explain their choices by responding to PROJECT REQUIREMENTS and SPECIFIC PROJECT DEADLINES.
Be sure to double check important dates for this new challenge. We will be wrapping up the last few minutes of the episode and many of you will be starting on your ACTION PLANS (due tomorrow). Be sure that as you are coming up with your idea:
- the project is an ACCESSORY (and not a WEAPON)
- the project has a specific purpose
…and don’t forget that these piece need to be worn by YOU. This is a requirement that on the surface may not sound like a big deal, but towards the deadline could be a huge area of concern.
Intro to Art: Multi-Layered Stencils
- DEMONSTRATE your knowledge of applying stencil layers by painting through your stencil design.
- Be able to list the areas of a STENCIL along with their importance by writing through guided notes.
Since we are splitting the class into two parts, I am going to put this project’s “HELP FOLDER” online for those of you that are looking to get a head-start on some of the ideas that will be needed for this project.
Painting 2: Mat Cutting and Composition Review
- APPLY your understanding of mat cutting by practicing their measurement and cutting skills on a previous painting.
- be able to orally defend and explain your opinions by responding to PROJECT REQUIREMENTS.
Since the majority of you guys will be turning in your finished mat pieces today, we will be spending some time “reviewing” for your digital quiz tomorrow. CompositionExamples is a copy of the cheat sheet that you will be able to use, however you shouldn’t need it. We will also be discussing your next painting and the requirements that come with it.
Adv. Drawing 2: How to Shade
- APPLY your ability to create areas of shadows by identifying your value and transferring its likeness to a simple form.
- IDENTIFY characteristics of SHADING on a drawing by labeling the correct terms within guided notes