Intro to Art: Lined Shapes Composition
- Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- Provide a concluding statement or section that follows from and supports the information or explanation presented by filling out a Daily Goal Form
Using the HELP FOLDER associated with this project challenge, each student will be required to carry out the set of requirements needed to successfully build a lined shape composition.
REFLECTION / EVALUATION: What do you believe is the strongest aspect to your work that you’ve started so far? Looking at the requirements for this challenge, where is an area that you feel you may need to spend some closer attention to? Explain.
Painting 1: Typographical Triptych Challenge
- Apply your understanding of COMPOSITION to create a series of thumbnail compositions using a letter/font of their choice
- Respond to the REFLECTION / EVALUATION question: How do you feel your thumbnails successfully show the use of various composition styles that were reviewed in MONDAY’S class? EXPLAIN your answers.
Ceramics 1: Creating 3-D Forms
- Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- Reflection / Evaluation: What is was your CONCENTRATION about? SHARE YOUR IDEAS with your neighbor and MAKE A NOTE on your DAILY GOAL SHEET.
Now that the hard part is over, students will watch an in-class demonstration that walks each person through the correct steps in creating a proportionally stable clay cube. It will be each student’s responsibility to keep the clay in proper working condition as this demonstration will take the next few days. Students will be encouraged to investigate the project’s HELP FOLDER with the associated slides, exemplar photos and requirements for the following project challenge.