Intro to Art: 1 PT Perspective Drawing
- Provide evidence through experimentation, practice, and persistence, the demonstration of new skills and knowledge in a chosen art form by following a class demonstration on PERSPECTIVE DRAWING.
- Write arguments to support claims that your intentions HAVE been carried out using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence by answering the REFLECTION/ EVALUATION question:
What are two things that you think are going to be challenging in creating a SUCCESSFUL and INTERESTING 1 PT perspective drawing?
We are going to continue along the path that we started yesterday by really breaking down what exactly you should be looking for with a PERSPECTIVE style drawing. While the majority of demonstrations out there will show you how to draw geometric forms (see above) or cityscapes, you can also use this information to build a practical drawing of anything [object] that you planned on making look three dimensional.
Painting 1: Peace Exchange
- Text someone in your phone: “thank you” or ” I love you”
*see in class discussion
Ceramics 1: De-Constructed Cube
- Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- Reflection / Evaluation: What is was your CONCENTRATION about? SHARE YOUR IDEAS with your neighbor and MAKE A NOTE on your DAILY GOAL SHEET.
Now that the hard part is over, students will watch an in-class demonstration that walks each person through the correct steps in creating a proportionally stable clay cube. It will be each student’s responsibility to keep the clay in proper working condition as this demonstration will take the next few days. Students will be encouraged to investigate the project’s HELP FOLDER with the associated slides, exemplar photos and requirements for the following project challenge.