“Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing.” — John Andrew Holmes
Intro to Art: Red Cup Challenge
- Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design by creating a plan for their RED CUP CHALLENGE
- Write arguments to support claims that your intentions HAVE been carried out using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence by answering the REFLECTION/ EVALUATION question:
REFLECTION/EVALUATION: I’d like you to think about the video you watched at the beginning of class (Smarter Every Day) and how life changing a device like the Gravity Lamp will be. What “THING” out there right now do you see as being an aid to struggling nations to create a better life? What types of meanings come to mind when you hear the term “revolutionary”?
Painting 1: Typographical Triptych
- Create artwork using materials and techniques with skill so that personal intentions and basic understanding of the themed/timed sketch is complete
- Write arguments to support claims that your intentions HAVE been carried out using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
Reflection / Evaluation: Since you were creating an image that you had no pre-conceived idea as to what it would end up looking like, I’d like you to talk to your partner about ONE area of strength and ONE area of weakness that you feel your final composition has in it. What types of adjustments would you have been able to make if you KNEW what types of words you were going to get? Do you still feel as though you would have made the same mistakes? EXPLAIN.
Ceramics 1: Semester Project Presentation (Ugly Mugs)
- Initiate, define, and solve challenging visual arts problems independently using intellectual skills such as analysis, synthesis, and evaluation by creating a ACTION PLAN.
- Be able to discuss your choices and evaluate a range of subject matter, symbols, and ideas by being able to defend the choices made with their peers.
Take a look through the SEMESTER PROJECT HELP FOLDER requirements here.
Be sure to get a blank copy of an ACTION_PLAN, so that you can have your thoughts organized and ready to present for construction
REFLECTION / EVALUATION: Consider all the requirements that have been presented with this midterm project. Which areas do you believe will be more demanding when trying to solve? Which areas do you believe you will easily succeed at? Choose one option to describe in detail.