Intro to Art: Perspective in Real Life
- Create multiple solutions to specific perspective problems that demonstrate competence in producing effective relationships between structural choices and artistic functions by taking reference photos throughout the school that will be used for their project.
- Discuss their choices and evaluate a range of subject matter, symbols, and ideas by being able to defend the choices made with their peers by responding to the Reflection / Evaluation question:
So today starts our in class discussion on PERSPECTIVE DRAWING. As you examined a few pieces in the HELP FOLDER throughout the hour, I’d like you to identify which pieces stand out as being interesting to you. Keeping in mind all the different characteristics of PERSPECTIVE DRAWING, what types of things could you or do you plan on doing to make your work INTERESTING. Is it the color, the spacing, the lines?
Painting 1: 3 Generations Pre-Painting Thumbnails
- Conceive and create works of visual art that demonstrate an understanding of how the communication of their ideas relates to the media, techniques, and processes they use by working on a series of watercolor thumbnails that visual detail the appearance(s) of their final painting.
- Initiate, define, and solve challenging visual arts problems independently using intellectual skills such as analysis, synthesis, and evaluation by writing a response to their mid-term proposal.
Here we go…The next few weeks we have together will involve many of us being in different sections/parts of this project at different times. Last week, you submitted a proposal, which by the start of this week (Mon.Jan 11) I have commented on and approved those that were ready. If you haven’t yet received an “ACCEPTED” response, you should be solving the issues I’ve commented on.
For those of you that got your proposal ACCEPTED, you need to grab your materials, but first PRIME your wooden board. Primer is located in the back of the room and a few quick/even coats over the old painting will do just fine. As your boards are drying, I have also required that you work on a series of 3 thumbnail paintings that will detail the end appearance of your final painting.
I highly recommend that you don’t skip this step!!!
Ceramics 1: Ugly Mugs Mid-Term Project
- Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Be able to discuss your choices and evaluate a range of subject matter, symbols, and ideas by being able to defend the choices made with their peers.
Take a look through the SEMESTER PROJECT HELP FOLDER requirements here.
Be sure to get a blank copy of an ACTION_PLAN, so that you can have your thoughts organized and ready to present for construction
REFLECTION / EVALUATION: Consider all the requirements and the work you’ve created so far. Which areas do you believe are the strongest points on your piece? Describe in detail.