Intro to Art: Sketchbook Challenge “Copy a Copy a Copy”
- DEMONSTRATE their understanding for the procedures of the weekly sketchbook by completing a themed/timed sketch.
- Make a copy of some text or image from any book. This could be one of the comic books that are provided, or something personal to you.
- Alter or manipulate that “copied” image by cropping or changing colors, zooming in or out, or even rotating it.
- Use the new “copy” to create an ORIGINAL sketch in your sketchbook. Whatever shows up on the screen of your phone should be represented in whole on the page of your sketchbook.
What’s your idea of ORIGINAL ART?
Question to Reflect: What might this sketch have looked like if you were given some time to pick a book of personal significance? Do you feel like this experience was better or worse using your camera/apps on your phone as a the COPIER? Explain…
Painting 2: Sketchbook Challenge “Keith Haring Thumbnails”
- Apply media, techniques, and processes with sufficient skill, confidence, and sensitivity that their intentions are carried out in their artworks by creating a series of 3 thumbnail images that will be used for their final painting.
- Correlate responses to works of visual art with various techniques for communicating meanings, ideas, attitudes, views, and intentions by identifying visual characteristics in KEITH HARING’S art work and keeping a written list.
Since today IS a sketchbook day, what better way to spend the time together in class then by creating your thumbnails for the up and coming painting challenge. I’m going to push your work a bit further today though, by the end of class today, you will be responsible for completing 3 thumbnails that can fall into the following categories:
- BLACK and WHITE
- Motivational Quote
- Keith Haring Imitation
You will get the class time to work through this challenge by working with watercolor and some basic washes. Be mindful of the time you have and also be aware that some of these ideas could be used as an influence to your final piece.
You will be asked to turn in these thumbnails digitally using the hashtag #KeithHaringThumbnails
Ceramics 2: Scentsy Challenge
Day 5 of 10 FIRING DAY
- Initiate, define, and solve challenging visual arts problems independently using intellectual skills such as analysis, synthesis, and evaluation by creating a ACTION PLAN.
- Discuss their choices and evaluate a range of subject matter, symbols, and ideas by being able to defend the choices made with their peers.
REFLECTION / EVALUATION: Consider all the requirements that have been presented with this midterm project. Which areas do you believe will be more demanding when trying to solve? Which areas do you believe you will easily succeed at? Choose one option to describe in detail.