Intro to Art: Introduction to Pen and Ink
- Identify the various ways to properly use PEN and INK by practicing value techniques in their sketchbook.
- Orally ask any questions about the project demonstration they may have using complete sentences.
On to the new stuff…
So we spent the last few weeks together, working with drawing pencils to get a better idea of not only how they work, but also the importance of being able to identify VALUE in a drawing and the proper steps to recreate it.
But what happens when your drawing tool one gives you one specific VALUE?
Over the next few days, we will be studying LINE and the characteristics that this element of art has a unique tool, that if mastered, can give the artist great outcomes. Since I will be supplying you with pens, you don’t necessarily need to bring in your own, however, once our supplies are “gone” you will be left with your own tools.
Graphic Coms: Introduction to Layers and Blending Modes
- Use layers and blending modes in Photoshop to create varying effects on photographs
- Discuss questions and answers using content specific vocabulary.
Today we will take a look at what type of power you have as a user, over the way(s) that your layers interact with each other by discussing Blending Modes.
Terms reviewed in class will include:
- Blending Mode
Drawing: Introduction to Contour and Cross Contour Lines
- Apply their understanding for LINE by practicing CONTOUR LINE tracings.
- Identify characteristics of line by taking visual notes in their sketchbooks.
Shading is one thing when the image has already been traced out, but what about creating the image from scratch?
Today we will be discussing the way that an artist’s eye should “trace” a subject when trying to draw it out on paper by discussing the differences between CONTOUR and CROSS CONTOUR drawing styles.