Intro to Art: Creating Digital Stencils with Adobe Photoshop
- Understanding and applying digital tools, techniques, and processes by using Adobe Photoshop to manipulate photographs which will be used to create a stencil.
- Apply media, techniques, and processes with sufficient skill, confidence, and sensitivity that their intentions are carried out in their artworks by creating a 1 color stencil using steps that are demonstrated in class.
Back to the laptops and working with Photoshop to create digital stencils. Use the reference images below during our demo in class today.
Throughout this demonstration in class, I mentioned (multiple times) that some images work better than others when trying to create a digital stencil. As you spend the next couple days working with Photoshop, I like you to think about how the image you select may look using the steps used in the demo and what changes you may need to adapt to when selecting your image for this project.
Graphic Coms: Letter Mark Logos Color-Aways
- STWBAT EXPLORE:
- creating and formatting text
- flow text into an object
- positioning text on a path
- SW use complete sentences when asking questions in class.
We will focus on some observations I made on your work from last week. Each of you will need to make note of my comments and make the alterations so that the second part of the assignment can be completed in full.
Adv. Drawing: Drawing the Nose (cont.)
- DEMONSTRATE your level of comprehension for proportion and space involving the drawing of a face by practicing through a demonstration.
- IDENTIFY characteristics of portraiture drawing by labeling the correct terms within guided notes.
For today’s class, I will review some notes I made as I reviewed your work from last week. You are encouraged to work outside of class time on these observations as your grade will be based on your progress made on this assignment.