Intro to Art: Digital Stencils
- Understanding and applying digital tools, techniques, and processes by using Adobe Photoshop to manipulate photographs which will be used to create a stencil.
- Apply media, techniques, and processes with sufficient skill, confidence, and sensitivity that their intentions are carried out in their artworks by creating a 1 color stencil using steps that are demonstrated in class.
We will be working with the laptops throughout class and while there will be a learning curve or adjustment period, it will be very minor. I will be walking you through the steps to take when digitally creating a stencil from an image that you find online.
Day 1: You will be working along with me following in class instructions again reviewing the steps needed to take to create your 2 color stencil. There will be files that you need to be able to manage as well as important steps in the digital art process you will need to be aware of.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with the special HELP FOLDER dedicated to this project, which can be located daily on my website’s posts.
Graphic Coms: Difference Between STROKES and OUTLINED SHAPES
- using the EXPAND feature when customizing the path of an outlined/stroke shape
- using the SHAPE BUILDER tool when customizing the overall shape
- Use complete sentences when asking questions in class.
Students will learn how to customize letters and fonts using the EXPAND feature paired with the SHAPE BUILDER tool as we explore ways to make outlined shapes more dynamic for design.
Adv. Drawing: Nose Studies
- DEMONSTRATE their comprehension of proportion and space involving the drawing of the nose
- IDENTIFY characteristics of portraiture drawing by labeling the correct terms within guided notes.
We continue where we left off last week, looking at the poses/studies of the nose. While we use time in class this week to sharpen our individual skills, it is important to note the process that is needed to be taken as you sketch out your observations. You will be continuously asked to OBSERVE and take VISUAL NOTES of special or unique characteristics on the model that set it apart from our basic steps taken when drawing without a visual reference.