*Updated (3/10 08:30:00 am): Since we have had a glorious 2 days off, many emails have been coming in asking how each course will wrap up their specific assignments. Upon returning back to school next week, we will continue with our schedule as though we never missed any days. Project deadline will be adjusted so tune in for specifics.
Intro to Art: Digital Selfie Stencils
- Apply media, techniques, and processes with sufficient skill, confidence, and sensitivity that their intentions are carried out in their artworks by creating a three – color stencil artwork based off of the work Shepherd Fairey’s Obama “HOPE” poster.
- Communicate ideas regularly at a high level of effectiveness in at least one visual arts medium by using content-specific vocabulary words in their DAILY GOAL forms.
When we last met, we were working with a few different approaches to creating a multi-colored stencil for the project. Today we will continue along with this challenge, reviewing the requirements and answering any necessary questions that come up.
This is a shortened week, so remember, the time laid out in the presentation may not be what it seems to be, so how will you utilize class time efficiently?
Requirements for your DIGITAL SELFIE STENCIL:
- IMAGE used must be of you (the student)
- The photograph has been DESATURATED so that SHADOWS, MIDTONES, and HIGHLIGHTS can be selected
- A NEW LAYER has been created for each “COLOR” and then filled appropriately with corresponding colors (SHADOWS = Dark Colors, MIDTONES = Medium, HIGHLIGHTS = Light)
- All COLOR LAYERS have been MERGED then copied and pasted on the provided DIGITAL PAPER.
Reflection Question: After taking into consideration all the requirements and the specifics of this project, I’d like to here from you on areas you believe you will succeed the most in, and areas where you feel like more of your focus in class will have to be.