*site issues look as though they have been cleared up. Automatic postings were not being published which caused the site to look abandoned for a few days. Everything should be updated and good to go now.
Intro To Art: Looping Animations
- RECOGNIZE the proper steps and techniques needed to create a TRADITIONAL ANIMATION CEL through a class demonstration.
- DEMONSTRATE their understanding of the class demonstration by LISTENING to multi-step instructions
Today we are going to start the process of creating animated cels for our Looping Mickey Mouse animation.
Make sure that you have picked up all necessary materials needed in class. We will be continuing this process throughout the next 7 days, to be ready to shoot and record next Thurs.
Below is an interesting clip of an animator, Marty Cooper and his appearene on the YouTube channel “Tested”. Marty gained popularity for his simplistic approach to the same process we will be going through over the next couple of days, and I think it is well worth the watch!
Graphic Coms: Using the Pen Tool to Trace Logos
- Practice using the PEN TOOL function in combination with the SHAPE BUILDER TOOL to automatically create vectorized images of a drawing or photo.
- Orally explain the use of the term AUTOMATE as it relates to computer functions by discussing steps in the image process in small groups.
Adv. Drawing: Shading Exercises (cont.)
- Choose from a variety of blending exercises to detail their abilities in replicating
- Orally be able to describe the specific tools needed and their reasoning for use when creating a value scale drawing.