*site issues look as though they have been cleared up. Automatic postings were not being published which caused the site to look abandoned for a few days. Everything should be updated and good to go now.
Intro To Art: Looping Animations
- RECOGNIZE the proper steps and techniques needed to create a TRADITIONAL ANIMATION CEL through a class demonstration.
- DEMONSTRATE their understanding of the class demonstration by LISTENING to multi-step instructions
Traditionally our Friday’s are dedicated to sketchbook challenge’s, and while it pains me to do so, on this dreary and rainy Friday, creatively I just can’t get myself behind a challenge theme today.
For today’s class period, you will be tasked with continuing work on your hand drawn/painted cels. Remember, time is an important aspect here, your deadline for completing the cels in full (BOTH DRAWN and PAINTED is next Wed at the end of class).
Below is an interesting clip of an animator, Marty Cooper and his appearene on the YouTube channel “Tested”. Marty gained popularity for his simplistic approach to the same process we will be going through over the next couple of days, and I think it is well worth the watch!
Graphic Coms: Using the Pen Tool to Trace Logos
- Practice using the PEN TOOL function in combination with the SHAPE BUILDER TOOL to automatically create vectorized images of a drawing or photo.
- Orally explain the use of the term AUTOMATE as it relates to computer functions by discussing steps in the image process in small groups.
Adv. Drawing: Shading Exercises (cont.)
- Choose from a variety of blending exercises to detail their abilities in replicating
- Orally be able to describe the specific tools needed and their reasoning for use when creating a value scale drawing.